The number of blogs discussing Japanese books in English is still rather small. Please consider starting your own! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Self Taught Japanese – Japanese language, culture, and Japanese influences in Portland. Includes many translations, as well as reviews of books and other media
- ボクの事件簿 – A mystery novel translator discusses not only mystery novels, but mystery in other forms of media as well
- How to Japanese – A writer with many articles in Japan Times discusses Murakami Haruki in detail as well as many other Japan related topics
- My Japanese Bookshelf – Reviews of Japanese books, which are mostly mystery
- Tsundoku Reader – A professional translator reviews Japanese books, which are mostly untranslated but deserve a wider audience
- Inside That Japanese book – A Japanese learner living in Korea unapologetically learning the language just to read novels.